ISTECH Metal Finish BV strives to provide high quality services and it is our goal to get your equipment and or piping system up and running to normal / standard operating conditions with minimal down time.
Our custom made technical specifications are assured to match any fouling with the right chemical(s), the right equipment and the required expertise needed for the job.
Chemical Technical Cleaning (CTC) Procedures are carried out by (Re)Circulation and / or flushing with Chemical Surface Treatment Products for:
- Pickling acc. to ASTM-A380
- Chemical Passivation acc. to ASTM-A967
- Acid Cleaning in compliance with FOSFA Regulations
Which type of cleaning chemical needs to be used or more than one batch with different kinds of chemicals , depends on the condition and or pollution inside the system that needs to be cleaned to succesfully complete the required cleaning:
- Descaling: acid cleaning / pickling of mild steel to remove water scale or mill scale on new or renewed pipes or repairs.
- Heavy Degreasing (fuel oil / thermal oil pollution / cargo)
- Mild degreasing such as sludge, mild scale, oily dirty water or after repair job.
- Mild degreasing cleaning of soot / carbon black from burner gas or exhaust gas (*)
(*) cleaning if this cannot be cleaned by high pressure water jetting or ultra high pressure cleaning (read more).
Chemical Technical Cleaning (CTC) procedures can be carried out on site or on board of vessels for cleaning, degreasing, descaling, pickling and passivation of:
- Hot Water / Steam Boilers
- Exhaust Gas Boilers / Economizers (US) / Economisers (UK)
- Thermal Oil Boilers and Thermal Oil Piping Systems
- Steam Generators / Heat Exchangers
- Coated Steel and Stainless Steel Water Tanks
- Coated Steel and Stainless Steel Process Tanks
- Stainless Steel Brewery Tanks
- Mild Steel and Stainless Steel Equipment
- Mild Steel and Stainless Steel Installations
- Coated Steel and Stainless Steel Cargo Tanks
- Stainless Steel Heating Coils
- Mild Steel and Stainless Steel Cargo Piping Systems
- Mild Steel and Stainless Steel Vent Piping
Fig.1: Internal pipe cleaning by CTC
ISTECH Metal Finish BV has over 35 years of worldwide experience with all kinds of projects in the field of Chemical technical cleaning (CTC) projects for the:
- Maritime Shipping Industry
- Offshore Industry
- Petrochemical Industry
- Manufacturing Industry
- Food & Beverage Industry
- Fishing Industry
The cleaning by circulation can be carried out by using a type of cleaning chemicals or a combination of different chemicals to achieve an effective cleaning to get equipment back in optimal process condtion. Pollution of any kind on water tubes or smoke pipes inside heat exchangers and boilers are interfering good heat transfer with damages to the pipes (leakages / cracks) or can lead to a total shut down/ break down of the heat exchanger / boiler.